I started the 52 Week challenge after reading about habit building on Nerd Fitness coupled with the epiphany I had last December. I also joined the Nerd Fitness Academy some time ago and am learning a lot through there as well.
I can’t ignore my health anymore. My Mom said “it’s the year of Allison” because I always have a habit of putting other people before me. I took that to heart. I don’t recognize that person in the mirror anymore. I’m battered both physically and emotionally.
My biggest downfall is having the illusion that I can “do it all” after one day. Psh. That’s why we have the weekly challenges I put for myself for my character.
Note: As of week 31, I am going by monthly goals (still listed as weeks in post)
Challenges and Summaries
- Week 1: I ate only until full. This actually worked. I didn’t count calories: I just focused on what my body told me.
- Week 2: I counted all my calories. Trying to stay within my limit, but am counting even if I go over.
- Week 3: Exercise for 20 minutes, 3 days this week. Could be anything; just building the habit.
- Week 4: Summary Week (building on the habits of past weeks)
- Week 5: Sleep Pattern & Getting Over Sinus Infection
- Week 6: Master Nerd Fitness Warm Up!
- Week 7: Drink more water
- Week 8: Summary week (AKA “The Reckoning”)
- Week 9: Create origin Story (Fan Fiction of Legend of Zelda)
- Week 10-12: Get enough sleep (new job)
- Week 13: Back to Basics: Calorie Counting with Full-Time Job
- Week 14: Master NF Warm Up (Retry)
- Week 15: Exercise Schedule
- Week 16-19: Keep it Up!
- Week 20: Measurements!
- Week 21 & 22: Only Eat when Hungry
- Week 23: Continue on Exercising!
- Week 24: The Druidry Handbook Part I
- Week 25-28: The Pre-Spawn
- Week 29: BATCAVE!
- Week 30: Realizing my Laziness (Awakening)
- Week 31-35: ENOUGH OF THE MADNESS! Monthly Goals (No gain August)
- Week 36-39: Reset